Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Balsamic Grilled Flank Steak



































Flank steak has always been a mystery to me....Its not "fancy" steak yet its sooo tender and lean.  I bought a few pkgs the other day and I just couldnt resist, they were like $3 a steak!  It always baffled me that not more people eat it...::shrug::
Anywho, now that I have it, how should I cook it?  A friend recommended this recipe and I was eager to try!  SO GLAD I did, because it was YUMMY!!! VERy tender and PACKED with flavor! SUPER easy with very simple ingredients that anyone would have ;)

¼ c. balsamic vinegar
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. dark brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lb. flank steak
salt and pepper

Combine first four ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Add steak, turn to coat; marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature. Grill until desired doneness. Let stand, covered loosely with foil for 10 minutes, before cutting in thin strips against the grain.... IF you dont cut it this way, itll be very tough and chewy!
 
Enjoy! Dani ;)

1 comment:

  1. I just love flank steak and yes this recipe was awesome. Thanks dani.You always have the best ideas.

    ReplyDelete