Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pizza in a Pot
























A friend of mine mentioned her MOST FAVORITE recipe for Pepperoni Soup a while ago and I made a mental note. Fast fwd to todays 40 degree temps and I was on the hunt for an AWESOME soup recipe! Now...all I gotta remember is which friend told me about her recipe. Hmph! You'd think that would be a tad easier but after a few inquiries I gave up! It's pepperoni/pizza soup! Ive eaten pizza a gillion times, how hard could it be? So I threw a bunch of stuff in the pot and came up with THIS!! DEEEELISH!! Jay loved it and he's a HUGE pepperoni fan!

5 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of water
10-12 meatballs (or more)
Slices of pepperoni (to taste- I used about 20 mini slices)
1 cup tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 medium onion, diced
3 tbsp parsley (or fresh bunch)
3 tbsp basil (or fresh bunch)
3 tbsp house seasoning (I went heavy on all the spices)
3 tbsp grated parm cheese
1/2 box of spaghetti noodles (broken in 3rds)

Simmer your water and chicken stock together...Slowly add the remainder of the ingredients to marinate in the pot together. Do NOT add the spaghetti until about 10 minutes before serving time.
I simmered mine all day on low (about 6 hours) but you can definitely cook this on med high for 20min or so.

Enjoy!! Dani :)

No comments:

Post a Comment