Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Island Spice Porkloin















This was soooooooo DELICIOUS!!!  I was looking for a new tenderloin recipe and remembered seeing this one a while back!  The ingredients are pretty simple and dont initially seem to "go" together, BUT IT WAS AWESOME!!  Its a dry rub and then a glaze you pour over before you bake. 
When I say 'pour' I mean scoop up with your hands and kinda pat in on the top and all over....its pretty thick and not real liquid-y to 'pour'.   The sugar disolves from the heat of baking and drips down sides making a nice gravy on the bottom of baking dish! YUMMM!!!

Ingredients:
For the spice rub:
2 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pork tenderloin (about 2-2½ lbs.)
2 tbsp. olive oil

For the glaze:
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
1 tbsp. (2-3 cloves) finely minced garlic  (I used powder, I was out of minced)
1½ tsp. Tabasco sauce  ( I used little packets of another hot sauce because I was out)

Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Combine the salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir together with a fork to blend. Pat/rub the mixture over the pork tenderloin.

Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Place the tenderloins in the skillet and brown on all sides, turning occasionally, about 4 minutes total. Remove from the heat. ( I DID NOT SEAR MINE, I JUST BAKED IT.  It might carmelize the sugar more, but I was rushing!)

Stir together the brown sugar, garlic and Tabasco in a small bowl until blended. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the tenderloins.

Place the meat in the preheated oven and roast about 40 minutes (per pound), until an instant-read themometer inserted in the center of each tenderloin registers 140˚ F. Loosely tent the skillet with foil and let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

Enjoy!!  Dani  :)

1 comment:

  1. sounds great ...I will try it... we eat tenderloins alot when I do i will let you know

    ReplyDelete