Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Salad with Shredded Pork and Cilantro Lime Dressing




















I wanted a salad, but something different.  I had some pork that I didn't know what to do with, and I also didn't have much dressing... Sooo, I came up with this!  It was super delish!!  I could eat it everyday!  You can do so many variations of it.  Add  or change the veggies to whatever you like!

Salad-
Ingredients:
1 bag of pre-cut salad mix (I used romaine with carrots and cabbage)
1 large tomato, diced
1 med cucumber, peeled and diced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained

Dressing-
Ingredients:
Juice of 2 limes
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar

Directions: Put all the ingredients in a small tupperware and shake until combined.  Save until you are ready to serve the salad

Shredded pork-
Ingredients:
1 lb. cubed pork loin meat
1/2 pack taco seasoning
1/4 cup water

Directions:  Boil the meat until completely cooked.  Remove from water and cool until you can handle it.  Shred the meat and return to a pan.  Add the water and seasoning.  Simmer for about 10 minutes.

Add the dressing to the salad and top with the meat.  You can add some fresh salsa, sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips... whatever you like!

1 comment: